Instructors: UK Chapter
Established since 1997 the UK chapter has over 2000 active members.
Certified Infant Massage Instructors grouped together form an official IAIM Chapter. Chapters are all non-profit associations that respect IAIM Mission Statement, Bylaws, Policies and Procedures. Chapters have boards and/or committees elected by the Chapter’s members and are responsible for supporting the growth and development of the association in their country and supporting the instructors with newsletters, warehouses with material for instructors, and regular meetings. There is only one IAIM Chapter per country. Each Chapter is represented by an IAIM Chapter Representative.
UK Chapter EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Please contact the office if you wish to speak with a committee member or trainer and we shall pass on your request to the relevant person.
Membership of the Association falls into six categories:
1) Full Member - Must be a Certified Infant Massage Instructor.
Must be of good moral character and the assessment of moral character shall be in the absolute discretion of the Executive Committee, whose decision shall be final.
2) Student Member - Must have attended International Association of Infant Massage training. Will have choice of Full or Associate membership on completion of successful exam. If a student has not completed the certification process within 12 months of their initial training, an agreement must be sought from their trainer for an extension to this period. Students in their first year will be Student 1, in their second year Student 2.
3) Friend - Individuals who have never attended the training course but who wish to support the UK Chapter and receive newsletters.
4) Honorary - Individuals – members or non members, CIMIs or other individuals – that the UK Chapter have honoured for their distinguished work and / or service to the IAIM UK Chapter. Maximum of 10 Honorary memberships at one time.
5) Associate - Individual who is a full member of a sister Chapter who wishes to support the work of the UK Chapter and receive newsletters.
6) Affiliated - Public or charity funded organisation who have qualified CIMIs as staff and / or volunteers working to support parents to achieve best outcomes for children. Tiered membership rates can apply depending on number of CIMIs the organisation employs.