Why attend a class?
Our courses are taught over a number of weeks to give both the parent and baby time to learn and become accustomed to the massage. Each week a new part of the body is taught, followed by a repeat demonstration of previous classes thereby giving continued reinforcement of what has already been learned and new information. We teach a little at a time to ensure that you are confident with every aspect.
The strokes and styles of baby massage are easier to grasp when demonstrated by our experienced instructors. Pressure, rate, rhythm, the length of the massage, respect, bonding, why baby cries, baby’s body language, positioning of the baby, relaxation and parent empowerment are some of the skills and topics that will be discussed.
- Our classes are held in small groups to ensure personalised attention.
- Classes are baby lead – its okay for babies to cry
- Supportive group sessions where parents can share experiences and learn from each other while having fun.
- Recommended age for group classes is from birth to pre crawling.
- Private instruction for individual and special needs are often available. Please speak to your Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI).
- Our instructors regularly conduct in-services and demonstrations for professional groups and conferences.